More Than 23 Years’ Experience In Family Law
I am attorney Steve Ricklin, the managing partner of this law Ricklin & Associates in Westlake Village, California and I am proud of the dedicated service team here. We are ready to serve you during a critical time of change in your family life.
Offering A Full Array Of Family Law Services
To meet the varied needs of our family law clients, our services encompass these and related legal matters:
- Prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements: advising on, drafting and formalizing enforceable documents
- Domestic violence and kick-out orders, representing people named in restraining orders and people in need of restraining orders for protection
- Divorce handled through negotiations, collaborative law processes, mediation and/or litigation
- Marital property division, including business valuations, phantom income issues, high asset property division, tax issues and pension divisions using qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
- Spousal support (alimony) and palimony
- Preparation and review of written transmutation agreements for transferring assets
- Custody of children and child support
- Divorce and domestic relations dissolution agreements for same-sex couples and heterosexual couples
- Post-divorce issues such as appeals when hidden assets have come to light
- Post-judgment modifications and appellate work
How Will Your Divorce Be Carried Out? Through Litigation, Mediation Or Another Way?
If litigation is your pathway to divorce, rest assured we are experienced with all legal steps along the way to a dissolution of marriage. Rely on us for skillful guidance through pretrial preparation, including discovery, and posttrial matters such as appellate work, enforcement and modifications. We are prepared to guide you through all necessary steps, including filing your petition in the court most appropriate for your case.
On the other hand, if you and your spouse can work together, mediation may be an effective way to reach agreements necessary to complete your divorce. Divorce mediation can be a mutually beneficial, cooperative process. The goal is to try to get both parties to come to an agreement amicably and in the interests of both.
If I act as your divorce mediator, I will not represent one or the other but rather, I will act as an unbiased facilitator. Once you have agreed on property division, spousal support and child custody (when applicable), I will assist you with required court documentation to get your divorce accomplished as efficiently as possible.
Note: Arbitration is another dispute resolution method that may apply in some divorces, although it is less common than mediation.
Contact A Knowledgeable Lawyer About Your Family Law Matter
Bring your questions about divorce to my attention by calling 805-267-1132 or completing our online intake form.